“Who are we?
Frontier is a young, fun, energetic conservation and exploration organisation that organises gap year, adventure travel and volunteering expeditions. We offer placements on more than 300 projects worldwide, and have offices in London, California, Australia and Spain.
What’s the job?
This internship role will involve working with the head of marketing, the online content manager and other marketing and journalism interns to manage the company’s web presence, visual media, press content and social media presence. These channels include:
• Websites including frontiergap.com
• Blog (gapyearblog.org.uk)
• Facebook (facebook.com/frontierofficial)
• Twitter (twitter.com/FrontierGap)
• Pinterest (pinterest.com/frontiergap/)
• YouTube (youtube.com/FrontierGapYearTV)
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit someone keen to get more experience writing for blogs and producing social media content at a professional level, particularly in the non-profit sector. We’re looking for someone with a mixture of some or all of the skills and expertise below:
• Native (or fluent) speaker of another language (especially German, French or Swedish)
• Experience of translation
• Blog pitching and writing
• A passion for social media
• Document design, e.g. InDesign
• Video production, e.g. Premiere, MovieMaker
• Graphic editing, e.g. Photoshop, Fireworks
• Public Relations (PR)
• Good communication skills
• Ability to be creative in a marketing environment
• Experience in building brand online presence…”